Saturday, August 26, 2006

Lap Dances Included?

This is a new one for me: China cracks down on striptease funerals.


Strip shows have been commonly used to attract more mourners to
funerals, as villagers believe a crowded send-off brings more honor to
the deceased, Xinhua news agency said.


But police took action after state television exposed the "obscene
performances" at a funeral in Donghai county, Jiangsu province, with
200 people including children in attendance, it said.


Suddenly Korea seems a helluva lot more normal.



Interesting though.  I was of the opinion that naked girls dry humping a casket would probably bring a little less honor to the deceased, but then that's probably just little old prudish me. I can just see the sobbing widow now forcing a smile as she stuffs some bills down a stripper's g-string, while the first son negotiates for a private dance in a back room, 'cause that's what Daddy would have wanted.'



Wtfchina
Got this pic from a blogger based in Taiwan, where I suspect this kind of thing is old news. Not sure if she's working a wedding or a funeral, but it's nice to see the ajummas enjoying her performance.







Comments from original post


That's what I want at my funeral.

Posted by: Joel | August 26, 2006 at 11:08 PM

If my view of the world had not already become too cynical, I'd have thought this was a fake story.

But, If it were possible, I'd be pissed if my wife had to hire strippers to get people to come to my funeral. Not that I'd care if few came otherwise. But, pissed because I couldn't enjoy it....

Posted by: usinkorea | August 27, 2006 at 02:08 AM

The author of this blog seems extremely pervert in conjuring up disparagement of Koreans. Are you crippled in mind or... born with head below your feet or...?

Posted by: EB | September 04, 2006 at 10:22 AM

The commenter above seems unable to realize this is a post about China. Or perhaps he thinks China and Korea are the same country? Is he crippled in mind? Pervert in the lacking English? Born with head up the ass?

Posted by: scott | September 04, 2006 at 04:09 PM

'Scott'. The word 'Ajumma' doesn't apply to Chinese. So, what do you say now?

Posted by: Yunie | September 19, 2006 at 09:37 PM

Yunie, are you saying that in China there are no middle aged married women?

Or do you find it offensive if someone refers to a Chinese person using Korean terminology? Do you think the English language is degraded if Korean words are borrowed by native English speakers?

Posted by: partypooper | September 21, 2006 at 01:24 AM

What I'm trying to imply is that, if you're Korean youself, (maybe) why disgrace your own country?

Posted by: Yunie | September 23, 2006 at 10:11 AM

I believe the picture comes from a wedding, not a funeral.

Posted by: Mike | October 31, 2006 at 07:11 PM

No comments: